Friday, November 04, 2005

Back from a break

After the Holy Days, I was completely burned out on Challah.
The Friday after the Friday after Yom Kippur, I made a plain old white loaf of Italian-style bread. I was just tired of making challah.
Of course that evening, I regretted it. Really want my "fix."

Since then, I've done a few more. I've also started to do some book signings. One woman didn't buy the book because she already had her own Challah recipe. Cool. Hers uses honey and sugar. I don't think I even mention honey in the book, which is cool because it gives something extra for the second edition.

Today I forgot to make the dough the night before. So this morning I made the dough. Let it rise for a while. I forced it in a turned off (slightly warm) oven for a few hours. Braided it. Meant to put on the timer to turn the oven on. (the dough was on top -- outside the oven). Came home and realized the oven wasn't on. Turned it on, etc.

Alicia (my sweetie) asked how come the dough didn't over-rise and fall? I think it's because I use less yeast than I used to. I only use 1tbsp. Also, the room is cooler -- since this is October, warm, and we keep the heat off.

Almost dinner time now. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home