Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday morning - first blogged challah

Last night I crashed early, and woke up bright and cheerful at about 6:30.
While the coffee was brewing I started baking.

There was a brief panic when I noticed we only had 1 egg in the fridge... But it turned out that my sweetie had bought another dozen and hidden it on a different shelf. You need at least 2 eggs to bake my challah -- one for the dough, and one (or two) for the glaze.

I forced the bread at 170 degrees, and let it rise until about 8:45, when I started braiding. (Severely chastised for braiding bread rather than helping the kids get out the door to school.)

It's 9:45, and I'm going to paint the dough and put it in the oven. I'm looking forward to having the baker's challah and beef stew for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home